Frugal Food
 
Blogging about feeding my family of six without spending a fortune. You won't find fancy foods like beef wellington or chicken carbonara (most of the time), but you will find really good food eaten by an actual real family, with real activities and really picky children.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Homemade Hot Pockets
I use my Homemade Yeast Rolls recipe and instead of making them into rolls, I flatten the rolls with a rolling pin, making a small circle. Then I put the filling (broccoli & cheese/pizza sauce, pepperoni, & mozzarella/cooked hamburger, cheddar cheese, ketchup & mustard) in the middle. Fold the circle in half and pinch the edges closed. Bake at 350* for about 25mins until edges start to turn golden.

You can fill these with almost anything. Leftovers like meatballs, chili, etc. Even fruits or scrambled eggs & bacon/sausage for breakfast ones.

I've also made these with a from scratch crescent roll dough from Tawra Keller's Not Just Beans cookbook. They are delicious too!
posted by Heather @ 3:43 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Heather
Home: New York, United States
About Me: Mom to four kiddos. Love to cook, knit, crochet, read, and playing on the computer.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
My Button

Please host button on your own server
Sponsor
FreeQuickRecipes.com button
Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER
Who links to me?